Age Spots, Sun Spots and Hyperpigmentation - Everything you need to Know
Please note that a consultation is required. Same day treatment is not available for Sun spots/Age Spots and hyperpigmentation. A $50.00 consult fee will apply if you decide not to proceed with treatment. The fee is waived if you book your treatment. Online virtual consultations are available
Age spots and sun spots appear flat and dark in color. The edges can be smooth or uneven.
Prolonged sun exposure can contribute to the production of these spots. Also known as Lentigo
(like lentils) because of their appearance in color. Learn more here about
While there are many causes that contribute to the dark patches that plague our skin, some of the main reasons can included:
- Prolonged sun exposure
- Sun Spots/Age Spots/ Lentigo
Clients usually report feeling an elastic band like pinch.
Treatments vary from person to person. Typically you can expect 4-6 treatments for best results, but depending on the area and size more treatments may be required, spaced apart every 2-4weeks.
Depending on the size and area of the treatment, time can vary. Typically though you can expect to be with us for about 15-30 minutes.
Client Compliance Pre-Treatment
2. Discontinue use of Retinoic Acid products 2 weeks to treatment
3. Avoid sun exposure or the use of tanning beds and self-tanners for at least four to 1. eight weeks, prior and/or between IPL treatments (dependent on skin type)
4. Report all skin diseases, viruses, infections, cold sores, eczema or allergies
5.. Do not exfoliate, use glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide or any other skin irritants for one week prior to treatment
6. Discontinue using bleaching creams for 2 weeks prior to treatment and perfumed products (eg. Aromatherapy oils/Essential oils) for 48 hours before treatment
7. Avoid Microdermabrasion or peels for two weeks prior to treatment
8. If the skin is red, irritated or sunburned, the IPL treatment must be rescheduled.
9. Report all medication taken within 2 weeks of the treatment
10. Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours prior to the clinical treatment.
11. Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before an IPL treatment
Client Compliance Post Treatment
1. Avoid direct sunlight, tanning beds or self-tanners for at least 2-3 weeks after a treatment. Apply Sun
Protective Cream of SPF 50+, 15 minutes prior to sun exposure
2. and 15 minutes afterwards. Keep reapplying as needed throughout the day.
3. Consider using protective cotton gloves for driving, or a hat to protect facial areas
If there are scabs or blisters, make-up should not be used for 3-4 days
4. For at least two weeks post Skin Rejuvenation/Vascular/Pigmentation treatment, do not use: harsh
topical exfoliators, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, acne creams etc.
5. Avoid touching, rubbing, peeling or picking of the skin, as this may cause hyper/hypo-pigmentation,
scaring or infection.
6.. Gently apply pure Aloe Vera gel or antibiotic ointment, to the treated area twice
7. daily until healed and dry 5. For 1 week, avoid hot baths, showers, hot tubs and saunas. When
showering and washing, gently pat dry and do not rub
8.. Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 – 48 hours following clinical treatment.
9.. Avoid strong chlorinated water for 24 hours post IPL treatment.
HOT AND HUMID WEATHER CONDITIONS CAN AGGRAVATE SKIN IN THE PERIOD IMMEDIATELY BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT.