At any given time 80%-90% of your hair follicles are in the anagen stage (growth stage), so it is
important to have multiple treatments completed in order to destroy as many follicles as
Client Compliance Pre-Treatment
2. Discontinue use of Retinoic Acid products 2 weeks prior to treatment
3. Avoid sun exposure, or the use of tanning beds for four to eight weeks (dependent on the skin type of Patient), and self-tanners for at least four weeks, prior and/or in between IPL treatments
4. Report all skin diseases, viruses, infections, cold sores, eczema or allergies to treating Practitioner
5. Do not exfoliate, use glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide or any other skin irritants one week prior to IPL treatments.
6. Avoid Microdermabrasion, or peels for two weeks prior to treatment
7. If the skin is red, irritated or sunburned, the IPL treatment must be rescheduled
8. Report all medication taken within two weeks of the treatment
9. Avoid depilating for at least 6 weeks prior to your first treatment. Do not depilate with: waxing, sugaring, plucking, threading or hair removal creams before and/or in between IPL treatments. Shaving is permitted and recommended
10. Discontinue using bleaching creams for 2 weeks prior to treatment and perfumed products (eg. Aromatherapy oils/Essential oils) for 48 hours before treatment
11. Do not use sun blocking creams within 12 hours of scheduled treatments. Consider wearing protective clothing, cotton gloves for driving, or a hat to protect facial areas
12. Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before an IPL session
Client Compliance Post Treatment
2. If there are scabs or blisters, make-up should not be used for 3-4 days
3. Avoid touching, rubbing, peeling or picking of the skin in treatment area, as this may cause hyper/hypo pigmentation, scarring or infection.
4. Gently apply pure Aloe Vera gel or antibiotic ointment to the treated area, twice daily until healed and dry.
5. A “cold pack” may be placed over the treated area to reduce swelling and/or discomfort for the first 2-3 days. Discomfort is usually minimal but pain medication can also be taken for pain and swelling if required.
6. For 1 week post treatment, avoid: hot baths, showers, hot tubs and saunas. When showering and washing, gently pat dry and do not rub.
7. Avoid strenuous exercise for 24-48 hours following clinical treatment.
8. Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water 24 hours after an IPL session.
HOT AND HUMID WEATHER CONDITIONS CAN AGGRAVATE SKIN IN THE PERIOD IMMEDIATELY BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT.